Berlitz Online Testing
Measure your precise language level
Berlitz invites you to complete the language test designed to check your vocabulary, grammar, listening and reading comprehension. You will be scored based on your language proficiency level on the Berlitz scale. Please print this page or read it carefully and remember the instructions. The test takes about 30 to 35 minutes to complete.
When beginning to take the test:
- choose secondary language - Hungarian.
- confirm language selection by clicking "Next".
- choose language to be tested in and fill out your contact information.
- you have up to 30 seconds to answer each question.
- some exercises require a speaker or headphones. If no audio questions appear in the test, please repeat the test at a different time or from another computer. Excessive internet traffic or certain security settings on your computer (firewall) may disable audio questions, significantly lowering your test score.
- you do not need a microphone.
- you may listen to recording twice.
- please use any "evergreen" browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox or IE10 and higher).
- supported OS: Win10, Win8, Win7 or latest MacOS.
For handheld device users (smartphones and tablets):
- supported mobile OS: latest versions of iOS, Android or Windows phone.
- supported mobile browsers: latest versions of Safari, Chrome or Firefox.
The following fields relating to "place" should be filled out as follows (e.g. In the case of English as a secondary language):
- Country – Hungary,
- City in which you wish to learn
- Berlitz Center – you may choose from:
- Budapest - Váci utca
- Budapest - Bajcsy-Zsilinszky ut
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be filled
The test allows you to select one answer. There is also the possibility that none of the answers are correct. A tip flashing in the upper right corner shows you how much time you have left to complete the current exercise (30 seconds)in the lower right corner. When you finish an exercise, confirm in the bottom right corner.